By using this site (in any manner) you are agreeing that you are aware of and agree to comply with and be bound by:
- Our Copyright, License and Disclaimer statements provided here
- Our Disclosure statement provided here
- Our User Agreement and Behavioral Guidelines provided below.
Some of these statements may read like legal mumbo-jumbo, but that's exactly why they exist: to deal with that aspect of our modern society. The User Agreement and Behavioral Guidelines are also concerned with social policies and etiquette related to use of the site and technical policies that we've established on the site to deal with related issues. Paying attention to these these policies may help to ease certain frustrations (e.g., why your email or comment may have gone into the bit bucket). If you have questions or comments about anything you find here, please use the Contact Form to bring it to our attention. (Please note the circular logic of sending us spam to complain about the loss of your spam comment or email!)
Please review the various policies, statements and guidelines carefully. If you do not agree to all of these terms, you should not use any materials, documents, services, products, software or other items from this website.
User Agreement and Behavioral Guidelines
Participation in this http://architectedfutures.net/ (Architected Futures™) website ("Site") constitutes an agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to comments, posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, and any other content on this site and participation in general. This includes private messages, which we have the ability to read, but only do so when a violation is reported to us or we have a legitimate reason. Although rare, it does happen.
Because of the live nature of the discussions on this Site, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of all messages before they are posted. To assist in enforcement of our some of our guidelines, we use spam filtering services provided by Mollom. In some cases we also delay publication of submitted content until the content can be moderated. However, it is impractical to do this for all content, and it is impossible to catch all violations of guidelines before publication. If you believe that someone has violated our User Agreement and Behavioral Guidelines or you have identified content that may otherwise require attention, please use the Contact Page or send a message to an administrator to notify us of the condition. Please include a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and your identity will remain anonymous. In no case should a user respond to or attempt to rectify a situation personally. This will only aggravate the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action.
This is not a for profit website. However, there are costs associated with its operation. The greater the number of participants, and the greater the value to the participants, the greater the pressure on operating expenses to continue to make the Site responsive and enjoyable for those participants. We reserve the right to raise revenue through advertising or other means that we deem appropriate in order to offset those costs.
Any content that violate the Site guidelines is subject to removal. Any users responsible for such content, or whose behavior otherwise violates the Site guidelines, are subject to disciplinary action. Interpretation of the Site guidelines is at the discretion of Architected Futures™ staff.
- This is an adult site (as in responsible, grown-up) with a serious interest in a professional subject matter. We seriously suggest, but do not require, that our users use some conversational variant of their real names to identify themselves on the Site. Pen names, nicknames, screen names or pseudonyms are allowed as long as they are within our general language guidelines. Remember, your moniker, the label by which you chose to identify yourself, will have an impact on how others evaluate you comments. Be proud of who you are and what you have to say. If you do not wish the subject matter of your posts to be taken seriously, perhaps you should not be posting on our site. Pseudonyms that attempt to impersonate official roles on the site (admin, moderator, etc.) are not permitted. Requests for user accounts which violate this guideline are subject to being discarded.
- We are very interested in engaging in dialog related to the topics on this site, but we are also very opposed to spending any significant part of our time responding to, or dealing with spam. We also are not interested in wasting our community member's time needing to read past spam. However, spam is a cost associated with our information age. Spam will not be tolerated. Please keep all comments and other posts focused or related to the subject matter and purpose of this Site.
- Interaction though the internet via posted comments, forum discussions, etc. are very different than face-to-face communications. Your facial expressions, tone of voice, and other nuances are absent from these internet interactions. Please pay careful attention to your choice of words and the tone of your message. Teasing and sarcasm can easily be misconstrued. At the same time, please don't assume an off-hand comment was necessarily meant as an insult. Asking, or explaining, that a joke was intended may be necessary from time-to-time. Spontaneity, enthusiasm and the expression of feelings are encouraged; but be considerate of the feelings of others and remember that your words will be there for you and others to read long after your intense feelings have gone.
- With the exception of your name, do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers in public posts. Think twice before you enter such information in profile pages as public information. Such information is not required for your participation on the Site. In the interest of community interaction there may be places where such information may optionally be provided. We will take every caution to ensure your privacy; but, ultimately, your privacy is your responsibility.
- As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored.
- We try to maintain a professional and family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating. Profane, "obscene" or vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. (We have no intention of debating a definition.) Abbreviations, self censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the Site software also violates this guideline. If your post contains a word that is censored by the software, you must remove that word or the post will be removed. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us. If you feel that inappropriate content has been posted, please contact us and report it. Context will be considered. The fundamental rule is: "Be professional, and be considerate of the diverse nature of the community."
- Cross posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our Site. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
- While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts.
- Advertisements are not allowed. Links for the primary purpose of boosting SEO are not allowed. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non profit website, etc. We do authorize and/or sell advertisements on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in utilizing this option, please contact us.
- All signature links must be kept in your signature in your profile. Anyone found to be posting excessive links to their websites or suspected of using "sneaky" advertising methods is in violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site (a site that you are in some way affiliated with) if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. Even then, link directly to the page where the information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you are found to be excessively posting links to your site (or you appear to be seeking out threads where your link may be relevant, so that you can post it), you may lose the ability to post links to your site.
- You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc. Such links are only allowed in signatures and profiles, but may not be referred to in posts.
- When linking to outside websites, you must ensure that the content of the link is appropriate for our community, in line with the guidelines laid out here. This includes mentioning or referencing a site, even if the mention is not hyperlinked. If you post a link and that link is automatically censored, it is considered to be an inappropriate link and you should remove it from your post immediately. If left, all posts that feature inappropriate links will be removed.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally.
- Political and religious discussions for the intent of advocating a particular political or religious point of view are not allowed on this website. Politics and religion viewed dispassionately from the perspective of systems of belief or social behavior, where the content of the discussion fits within the subject matter of the Site, are welcome. If it is believed that the end result of a post can be viewed as political or religious proselytizing, the post may be removed. This includes posts either in favor, or against particular beliefs. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips.
- When posting and linking to images, videos, files, etc., please refrain from hotlinking. This is the direct linking to images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, etc.), video (.avi, .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv, etc.), audio (.mp3, .wav, etc.), archives (.zip, .rar, etc.) or otherwise downloadable or streamable files, on servers that you do not have permission to link to, instead of linking to the page where the item can be found. This includes providing a direct link to the file, even if that file is not embedded into your post. This practice costs the server owner money and resources.
- Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don't agree with it, say why - respectfully. Don't just tell them they're wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc.
- When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like "there is no argument" as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like "Are you serious?" and "Are you kidding me?" Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid, well thought out opinion. You may, from time-to-time, find yourself in disagreement with someone on the Site. At times like this, please keep in mind that it is safer, more polite, and more persuasive to take issue with that person's comments, rather than attacking them personally.
- We do not allow threads to be started to discuss who or what is the most overrated, who or what is your least favorite, etc.
- Signatures are limited to 2 lines of text. This includes blank lines. No images. The text in the signature may be customized by the text format options available on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large. You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for this community. Focus on things that you like, not things that you don't.
- Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.
- Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted.
- We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
- Moderators and administrators have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation. If you would like a copy of your removed post so that you can adjust it and repost, please contact us. As long as we wouldn't prefer you to simply start over, we'll be glad to send you a copy.
- Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a enjoyable, educational, friendly and inviting atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the Site!
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behavior and activities that are allowed here.
If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
Do you have a question about our User Guidelines or anything else? Do you have a suggestion? Do you want to offer some feedback? Or are you experiencing some trouble with the site? Well, no matter what it is, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help in any way that we can.
Thank you for visiting Architected Futures™.
Joe Van Steen